संन्यासाश्रयणं गुरूपसदनं श्रीमण्डनादेर्जयः ।
शिष्यौघग्रहणं सुभाष्यरचनं सर्वज्ञपीठाश्रयः
पीठानां रचनेति सङ्ग्रहमयी सैषा कथा शांकरी ॥
Here is a condensed rendering of Shankaracharya’s life.
- Birth in the womb of Mother Āryāmbā
- Removal of the poverty of the noble brahmin housewife (kanakadhārā)
- embracing up Sannyāsa
- Resorting to the Guru (Govindapāda)
- Defeating in debate Sri Mandanamiśra, etc.
- Accepting a group of disciples
- Composing the eminent commentaries
- Ascending the ‘Sarvajñapīṭham’
- Establishing the various Āmnāya pīṭhams
The above verse was recited by Br.Sri. Nochur Venkataraman in a talk.